Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is anyone watching?

Yesterday afternoon I came home and found my daughter taking a shower.   As I'm approaching the bathroom my husband looks at me and points at her back.   To my horror, I see scratches and red marks up and down her little back.  What happened?  (Trying to keep the horror to myself).   So, I asked her in the calmest voice I can manage, she says that she fell in the playground while trying to get up on the swing.   I immediately ask my husband, of course looking for the answers I want;  Did anyone see this happen?  Is anyone watching them during their play time?  Oh! my poor baby!   I look back at her and she nervously responds that she was with her friend, and with the sweetest voice says "my friend asked me 'are you alright Sarah?'"  I couldn't hold my smile back and she continued by assuring me that she didn't cry.   

I work all day and come home to the one person that is able to make me forget about my entire day, her - that little bundle of joy that came into my life 5 years ago.  Life doesn't get any better than that! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula,

    MCB member -Thanks for following. That is scary. I hope your baby is ok.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete